Sunday, September 4, 2011

Software Reviews Online-Pg. 105 #1

I visited http://evalutech.sreb.org/, http://www.clrn.org/home/, http://superkids.com/, and http://educationworld.com/.

The evalutech website was not working. So, I am not sure about that website.

I was able to check the other 3 sites though. I found the Californa Learning Resource Network site very nice, but when I clicked on their reviews it said, sorry no blogs posted. I saw there was an area to give feedback if you were a member. The good news is annually they send out a feedback sheet to their members and ask what information is most useful to them.

On SuperKids website, there were TONS of software reviews to see. SuperKids is definitely a useful site when trying to find software to use in the classroom. When I clicked on their newest information, the most recent information was dated 5/5/11 so, they aren't keeping their website updated very well. I did not see a spot where you could give feedback for this website. You had to sign in to receive their free newsletter so I am not sure how frequent they send out their newsletters.

Finally, I went to Education World and LOVED this website. It is officially bookmarked as one of my favorite websites. There is information as current as yesterday (which was a Saturday) and already lesson plans pertaining to September 11th (which is one week away)! This website is full of lesson plan ideas, blogs for teachers, administration, and even parents. This website if very informational and alive. You can tell it stays updated with weekly newsletters to each group of viewers and a teacher of the day. There is a section on this site for software reviews, but that isn't the sites only focus. The site has tools for teachers like lesson plans, diagrams, Clip Art, and so many other things available.

Recap...My favorite websites were Education World and SuperKids! SuperKids has any type of software review you need while Education World has software reviews and everything else! California Learning Exchange would be great if it were updated with blogs, and unfortunately, the Evalu Tech website wouldn't work for me at all!  All of the websites I visited wanted you to sign up to receive their free newsletters and to send feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment